Programs & Centres
- Certificate in Practical Business Administration
- Higher Certificate Business Administration
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- TSiBA Ignition Centre
- TSiBA Education Solutions
- Postgraduate Diploma in Small Enterprise Consulting
- TSiBA Career Centre
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
You are here: Home » Programs & Centres » Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
NQF Level 7, worth 369 credits. SAQA 61469
Registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration certificate no. 2007/HE08/001.
TSiBA’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Entrepreneurial Leadership has been developed to address the industry need for employable graduates and entrepreneurs who:
• Understand the components of business and can “speak the language”
• Have practical business experience and acumen
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset
• Can think critically and systemically
• Have well developed team and leadership skills
• Are emotionally intelligent
• Are inspired to have an impact in the workplace, to be life-long learners and to consider further post-graduate studies
The TSiBA BBA has a strong experiential learning component with practical work and field experience forming an integral part of the curriculum. Systems thinking, problem solving, creativity and ethics underpin all subjects and learning. The degree comprises 23 modules and is equivalent to 369 credits which complies both with the requirements of the Department of Education’s criteria for accreditation, as well as industry needs.
During the (minimum) three-year span of the BBA curriculum, all students are guided to develop their analytical and academic skills, while simultaneously giving attention to the development of their self in relation to the world. This is done by focusing on guiding questions and specific competencies in each year.
The guiding question for this first year is, “What is success?”. Classroom activities focus students’ capacity to implement projects successfully and develop the competencies of continuous learning, collaboration, networking, creativity and independence.
The guiding question for this year is, “How do I add value?”. Students are expected to display higher order thinking skills such as discernment, systems awareness, curiosity and the ability to deal with complexity.
The guiding question for this year is, “What is my work?” At third-year level, students are expected to be able to integrate values, beliefs, feelings, rational observations and analysis into an effective and authentic way of being in the world.
• The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate
• An equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
• Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) requirements click here
• Complete an application form available on our website and submit before 30 September 2017
• All applicants are required to write the TSiBA Entrance Test (TET)
• Applicants that meet the minimum requirement on the TET will be invited to write a second assessment
• Applicants may be called for an interview-this will be at the discretion of the selection committee
All communications with regards to testing and interviews will be done via sms and it is the responsibility of the applicant to follow up on their application
The course is delivered through lectures, tutorials and individual practical projects. Instruction is in English, and all work is to be produced in English. The BBA degree is offered over three years, full time at TSiBA Cape Town only. Successful students are awarded the TSiBA accredited degree of Bachelor of Business Administration.
“It starts with ME - Youth shaping a better South Africa” is the name of the book written by second year students at TSiBA Education as part of the Leadership and Self Development course. To read the book click on Leadership Book.