Programs & Centres
- Certificate in Practical Business Administration
- Higher Certificate Business Administration
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- TSiBA Ignition Centre
- TSiBA Education Solutions
- Postgraduate Diploma in Small Enterprise Consulting
- TSiBA Career Centre
Higher Certificate Business Administration (HCBA)
You are here: Home » Programs & Centres » Higher Certificate Business Administration (HCBA)
NQF Level 5, worth 130 credits. SAQA 84186
Registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration certificate no. 2007/HE08/001.
To address the often challenging transition between high school and tertiary level studies, students who wish typically start their careers at TSiBA by registering for the NQF Level 5 Higher Certificate in Business Administration (HCBA). This qualification helps our students jump into their potential to be commercially active leaders and entrepreneurs of the future.
This HCBA programme prepares students for three potential paths, 1) entry into degree studies at TSiBA or elsewhere, 2) the world of work, or 3) into the entrepreneurial environment as a business owner. In addition, the course integrates the development of the student’s emotional quotient (EQ) through the integrated practice of the attributes of initiative, communication, responsibility, resilience, tenacity and integrity. The guiding and integrative question for this foundation year is “Who am I?”
Business Communication F
Digital Literacy F
Leadership & Self Development F
Basic Mathematics F
Business Management F
Business Management F
Personal Finance F
• The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate
• An equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
• Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) requirements click here
• Complete an application form available on our website and submit before 30 September 2017
• All applicants are required to write the TSiBA Entrance Test (TET)
• Applicants that meet the minimum requirement on the TET will be invited to write a second assessment
• Applicants may be called for an interview-this will be at the discretion of the selection committee
• All communications with regards to testing and interviews will be done via sms and it is the responsibility of the applicant to follow up on their application status
The course comprises 8 modules and is equivalent to 130 credits and is delivered through lectures, tutorials and individual practical projects. Instruction is in English, and all work is to be produced in English. The HCBA is offered over one year at TSiBA Cape Town .
Successful students are awarded TSiBA’s accredited Higher Certificate in Business Administration and students who receive 50% or more for every one of the 8 modules individually, are eligible to apply and be admitted into TSiBA’s BBA degree.