Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
Leading-Edge business education for tomorrow's leaders, Today
TSIBA Business School offers a leading-edge 18-month postgraduate qualification via a blend of high-engagement synchronous (online face to face), blended workshop contact, and asynchronous (in your own time) learning methods.
The blended model of delivery provides a student-friendly experience in alignment with our ethos of providing exceptional business education and universal access to it.
Why study on this programme?
Equivalent to an Honours qualification (NQF Level 8) this postgraduate diploma is aimed at ambitious graduates, managers, leaders, and business coaches, mentors, and consultants who have an interest in gaining a broad understanding of key elements of the complex world of business and entrepreneurship today.
Whether you are in your own business, wanting to start your own business, aiming to enhance your career, or wanting to guide others in business management and leadership skills, the PDBA will provide you with the skills and personal development you need.
What does the TSIBA Postgraduate Programme Cover?
The programme covers key management disciplines through six courses with one elective and an experiential learning Capstone Project.
The courses include:
- Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Finance
- Leadership & Self-Development
- Business Communication & Information Management
- Legal & Regulatory Environment of Business
- Global Environment of Business and Applied Leadership
- Coaching and Mentoring.
Open up a world of opportunity
Throughout this programme, you will enter a world of opportunity.
Not only will you enhance your business, management, and leadership skills, you will also meet a group of like-minded, high-potential graduates, business people, and entrepreneurs who will likely be in your business and personal network for a lifetime. The programme runs in collaboration with the European based B360 Education Partnerships so that students are exposed to ideas from both South African and international industry and academic professionals.
What are the entrance requirements?
Ambitious graduates interested in this programme will need a three-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of three years’ business experience at managerial level. A limited number of spaces are made available for non-graduates with a minimum of ten years of work experience on recognition of prior learning. Online interviews will also be conducted with applicants who meet the minimum requirements
- Three-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- A minimum of three years’ business experience at managerial level
- A minimum of ten years of work experience for recognition of prior learning applicants
When does the programme start?
The programme will commence with a one-week synchronous (online face to face) orientation module in May 2022.
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration | NQF level 8 | 120 credits
What is the cost?
Since opening its doors in 2004, TSIBA has committed to the principle of access to quality business education for all. We hold that financial barriers to excellent tertiary education should not exist. This is social justice in action, a deeply ingrained ethos of TSIBA, and our commitment to investing in those who wish to make an impact. The cost associated with the PDBA is aligned to this ethos.
The total per delegate cost for the TSIBA Business School PDBA is USD$ 2350.00 for international candidates or ZAR 35 250.00 for South African residents.
A 10% discount on the total fee payable is available for students wishing to pay in full upfront. Staggered payment is available as follows:
- 10% on course registration
30% payable before commencement of Semester 2 (before end-September 2022), and
- 60% final payment due before Semester 3 (due by end-April 2023)
What delegates say about the programme:
- “The entire programme was an eye opener for me, great knowledge, information and skill sharing, substantiated by good and appropriate models, techniques and tactics of coaching and mentorship."
- “New techniques, tactics, logic, theories in consulting and mentoring.”
- “The mentorship component was amazing … allowing me to have the confidence and tools to assist clients with organisational design.”
- “What I learned will help my business as well as my mentees.”
- "The course has made me more resolute to stay on my path.”